9 May 2018

A level Art part 2

So here we are, 2 weeks to go , and I have managed not to throw the towel in, in spite of repeated urges to do so…….
And this is what I have so far. (Well, I have a whole book of stuff, but this is last few bits for the exam)

Loving the microscopic pics of vinyl!






Watercolour response to School’s Out. I did about 12 pages of scribbling along to it first, which are really only suitable for the bin, but Janet insists I put them in a book for the exam




And then I did a silk painting.


Watercolour response to Comfortably Numb


More silk painting , also inspired by ‘Comfortably Numb’. Another 12 (at least!) pages of doodling, what a fab tune it is, I could go on all night.


Whole Lotta Love. It’s actually the words ‘Way Down Inside’, but all stretched out a bit. Lost count of the pages of scribbles for this one! Pastels and watercolour. And a photocopy with added scribble.



And silk painting of course. I do like silk painting😊


Then we have to come up with 3 ideas for a final project. Blimey, I am struggling to get one at the moment, but luckily all those sleepless nights are just made for thinking of ideas. (Those who know me, will snigger with disbelief at this point,  because they all know that I  am very VERY good at sleeping…….it’s the waking up I have trouble with, hah).
But anyway, there were indeed many more than usual sleepless nocturnal hours filled with…… ‘WTF am I going to do? Shall I give up now? Who needs an A level anyway?...... “

My first idea was to make a kind of  denim wall hanging, (inspired by Comfortably Numb) but, TBH, it just seemed a bit boring.





Then I decided to alter a pair of jeans, so’s I could wear them to gigs….
Been meaning to do this for years anyway. ( The keen eyed amongst you may notice a friend making an appearance here.) (Go Ryan!)


I will make these one day, but for now, I decided to make a mobile, consisting of 3 LP’s and 3 x 7 inch singles, and maybe a few more, each decorated on one side with ,ummmm……textiley things.
But I have no clue how to make my………er………textiley things look incredibly A star-ish.

So I did another silk painting hoping to come up with some fabulous ideas on how to give it a wow factor. So far I have machine stitched it, pulled all that out, hand stitched it, ditto, and tried to add puff paint – that didn’t work either….. I wanted to stitch a sound wave across the middle, but if you do that without stretching the silk in a hoop, it all ends up looking like a screwed up mess. Put the thing in a hoop, I thought. But the hoop doesn’t fit into the machine. Stitch it on a piece of vanishing film, and stick in on afterwards! Great idea! Until I washed away the film – and then it ended up looking like a bunch of dead spiders….. I never have these kind of problems when I do things with paper…………....
spot the dead spiders across the middle

Spent a number of frustrating hours trying to cut up bits of vinyl without making jagged edges. Impossible. I even purchased a Hot Knife, hoping this would make the whole thing Very Much Simpler.
But of course, it didn’t....Spent several hours trying to prove Fate Was Wrong, but in the end I gave up. I was resigned to making them out of cardboard, until I spotted some acrylic being cut for someone else. Does this come in black? I thought…. And Janet, who is very much on the same wavelength as me, had the very same idea! And apparently it does! Just waiting for it to arrive now, hope to God it lives up to its expectations......

Vinyl-messy
Acrylic - perfect!


Yesterday I wrote a very long list of Things To Do. And I managed to do most of them today. But I still have about 3000 little things to sort out (find a frame big enough to do a 12” silk paint on, etc). I did manage to completely ruin the painting I did on calico the other day, by painting far too much puff paint over the top of it….(it puffs up when you iron it), but I managed to scrape most of it off again. Then I just stitched a load of felt bits over the top and bingo!

 So now I am chillin’ with a glass of vino. Not gonna get much work done this evening 😊. But tomorrow!!!, Well, watch this space.........................

1 comment:

  1. well I'd give you an A+ any day of the week. I am sure your plans will all come together - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hello (Hurray) peeps, leave me a note, a comment or just say hi! Thanks :)