12 May 2018

A level part 3




Well, I am a third of the way into it now, just 2 days to go. We can't add anything else to our sketch books now... Thank god, I am so fed up with back up work, I never want to see it again!
Day 1 went more or less according to plan, I was hoping to get the 2 silk paintings done, plus some screen printing, which all went very well. I now need to do 2 paintings on Calico (I always want to start that with a cap letter, AC peeps will understand!) and I managed to stretch it all on my frames ready for Monday.
John and I spent ages hanging the records on guitar strings the other day, I’ve made mobiles before but not this big, and it was a bastard to get the balancing right. I am hanging vinyl off one of Alice’s canes and some drumsticks, and will mount the textiles on to them. I was going to use Glens drumsticks, but I would be gutted if anything happened to them, so I ended up buying some new ones.
Eventually, we sorted it, and drilled holes in the drumsticks, strung up all the discs, taped them to the cane (not drilling holes in that!!) …………..and then I ran out of strings! And  blimey, it’s near impossible to get any round here..........  If only I’d thought of it sooner, I’d’ve got Tommy or Nick to give me some of their old ones. But, I eventually found a shop in Swindon and just finished balancing the bloody thing today…
Doesn't look like 3 hours of work, does it?
Just a few twiddly bits to do, throw some paint at a piece of muslin, sew a thousand beads onto a square inch of felt, that kind of thing, and I am done. I have a feeling that it will take far longer to stick the stuff on my records than I actually have left, but apparently, I can do that outside the 15 hours.Seems very arbitrary, what you can do in the time, and what you can't, hey ho.
Gosh, I think I may have a day off on Sunday! Which means John and I can indulge in our new hobby, going out to lunch.

1 comment:

  1. ha - should have said Pen - got loads of old drumsticks here and could probably have got the boys to rustle up some old guitar strings too! coming on great innit???

    ReplyDelete

Hello (Hurray) peeps, leave me a note, a comment or just say hi! Thanks :)